- Cut taxes by $1.5 billion.
- Enacted the largest tax cut in Virginia history.
- Reduced state college tuition rates by 20%.
- Signed into law Virginia’s first 24 hr. waiting period law; Virginia’s first parental notification law; and the current ban on partial birth abortions in the Commonwealth.
- Signed into law the Commonwealth’s first policy governing the internet and opposed an internet sales tax.
- Chaired the “Gilmore Commission” that studied terrorism and weapons of mass destruction.
The Warner Record:
- Broke his campaign promise and proposed the largest tax increase in Virginia history – $1.1billion.
- Signed into law the largest tax increase in Virginia history – $1.4 billion.
- Oversaw double digit increases at many state colleges and universities – including Historically Black Colleges and Universities.
- Opposed the 24 hr waiting period law and opposes any further attempts to “chip away at the rights” under Roe vs. Wade.
- Supported the imposition of the national online sales tax.
- Appointed Governor Gilmore’s Lt. Governor as his Secretary for Homeland Security.
The choice is clear. If the people of Virginia want a proven leader – who keeps his promises, who stands up for the sanctity of life, lowers taxes, and understands the issue of terrorism in this post 9-11 day and age.